What's in there that takes so much space?
- Knitting, spinning, needle felting, weaving, fiber arts materials
- Quilting supplies
- Photos and family memorablia
- Stuff that we stored a long time ago for a garage sale
- Stuff we stuffed in there when there was no other room for stuff
- Huge dining table from my growing up years used for a sewing table (overkill?)
- Metal cube shelving for craft supplies - 2 sets
- Bookshelf with stereo on top
- Reach in closet
- Iron & board because I ironed my fabric more than clothes
Today I came across a box of stuff that I knew was there, but forgot was there for awhile. It was the paperwork for when I had a Longarm & Custom Quilt Making business. I haven't had this business since maybe 7 years ago. When I stopped the business to get a more stable job, I just boxed things up in case someday I'd want to convert a room for the business again and purchase a $15,000 - 25,000 longarm machine.
That's not going to happen in this house anymore. The longarm and quilt business dream is gone, so I recycled the files and saved a few things to sell or give away.
This exercise was refreshing. I was able to put a part of my past behind me and firmly decide that I would never again go back to that business. A little therapy, and a lot more clutter gone.