Friday, September 7, 2012

What is Minimalsim, Anyway?


I'm doing this whole blog out of order - but that's part of being minimalist to me - letting go of what I think is perfect, for what I am able to do.  And so after a few posts in, here's my thoughts on what Minimalism is.  I've done some searches on the internet and they all point to one thing:

Minimalism is simply, living happily with the least amount of stuff needed.  

What the "least amount of stuff needed" is really up to the individual.  From those who live out of backpacks, to those who live in cozy suburban homes, can vary quite a bit.

Here are some more words and phrases that relate to minimalism:


  • simplicity
  • uncluttered
  • living lightly
  • intentional
  • focused
  • quality over quantity
  • economy

For me, minimalism is getting rid of the stuff that distracts me from living the life I was meant to live.  

No comments:

Post a Comment