Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sense of Accomplishment?

Don't fall for the lies in your head - you are accomplishing more than you know.

When I looked forward to being at home for a little while, when still at work, I planned out how I would spend my time.  This was good to be pro-active in what I wanted to accomplish.  My mind would dream up images of me working hard, accomplishing things in the first week.  

So far, I feel like I haven't accomplished much.  While decluttering under the kitchen sink, I found a leak.  That leak led to the back of the fridge's ice maker.  Which led to having to clean out the other cupboards to string the hose through.  And while we're at it, why not fix the faucet that has needed attention for now.  And then there's other time eaters such as phone calls, 2 1/2 hours at the doctor's since they were way behind, a cute dog that wants to play.  

But I knew that some of these things would take away to get traction on.  Here's what I have accomplished so far:

  • 5 loads of laundry
  • 3 breakfasts with God
  • Sheets changed
  • Dusting
  • Vacuuming & floor mopping
  • Bathroom clean
  • Windows & mirrors cleaned
  • Walks with the dog
  • Fridge cleaning
  • Desk time - filing, writing notes, scheduling, etc.
  • Decluttering most of kitchen, some of office
  • Errands run
  • 2 hours of editing my book
I guess that's not such a small list after all.  It just doesn't feel as if I have done that much.  But slowly, slowly things will all fall in place and be swept through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment